Us Greedies love cheese and Vacherin Mont d’Or is one of our favourites, so when our friends (who we like to refer to with the collective noun Natalain) bought us one the other night, we were very happy Cochons indeed.
Vacherin is great as it is – served on bread or with crackers – but with Christmas quickly approaching, we thought we’d share with you this super quick and utterly delicious recipe for Baked Cheese with white wine and garlic. It’s gooey, it’s creamy and it’s sure to be a hit.
Trust me, if you like cheese, you’ll love this.
– One Vacherin Mont d’Or cheese
– 5 cl White Wine
– 3-4 Cloves of Garlic (cut lengthways)
– Wrap the Mont d’Or box in aluminium foil.
– Pierce the Mont d’Or all over and push the slices of garlic into the holes.
– Pour the wine over the cheese.
– Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes and 200 C.
– Serve with fresh or toasted bread.