Here is a great chicken recipe for 2 to 3 people, depending of the size of the chicken, and of the size of the appetite.
For the marinade:
7 cl Olive Oil
10 Basil Leaves
5 Cloves of Garlic
2 Pinches of Salt
1 Pinch of pepper
2 tbsp Water
1 Chicken (1.2-1.5 kilos)
– Put all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl and blend into a fine liquid.
– Poke small holes all over the chicken (around ten)
– Put the marinade into a plastic squeeze bottle and inject it into the holes in the chicken, leave a little of the mixture to pour over the potatoes. If you have nothing to ‘inject’ the chicken with, then rub the marinade in with your hands.
– Roughly chop the onions and put them with the potatoes in the bottom of your roasting pan.
– Pour over the rest of the marinade and mix together.
– Place the chicken on top and leave to marinate for around an hour.
– Add the carrots on the sides of the chicken.
– Cook the chicken for 50 minutes at 180 degrees and then 15 minutes at 140 degrees. Bast the chicken from times to times.